Sunday, July 13, 2008

On and On goes the Frustration (updated)

To think I had to completely wipe a good Minime 2008 install off of a laptop, just to get XP loaded on there so I could finalize my account registration with ATT. Can you imagine? One plus hours to install XP on an older laptop, so I could get out another CD from the phone company so I could set up a connection so I could tell them who I was.

I will be glad when this is all over and done with. I will load Minime 2008 back onto the little machine in less that 15 minutes. That includes copying over the data files I had move to USB flash prior to the Windows wipeout.

Just goes to show what one monopolizing company will do to scratch the back of another.

Bell South, you sold us down the river when you sold out to ATT.
**********************************************************************************

UPDATE, NEWSFLASH!!!!

I managed to get my ATT/Bell South registration completed. Only took several hours (more than 3), a wipeout of a perfectly good linux install, a waste of more hours installing the 'minimally required software' (i.e., Windoze XP), the Bell South Installation CD stuff, and one last phone call yet to be made to get my static IP addy back. (I need it because I do host webpages and one of those IRC Bot thingies. All this just to associate my new phone number with my old USER ID and password.

Can life be any more controlled than that? I should have charged them for the use of my hours changing my entire lifestyle just to get services I am paying for.

Just something to think about!

No comments: