Sunday, February 10, 2008

Santa's Little Helper

I am learning the ins and outs of building rpms with the team over at www.mypclinuxos.com . It's no less than a great joy when you can actually do something to get your spec file correctly done and have a program build... But... But, so many things to learn and not nearly enough time or brain power to get it all done in one sitting... Then you come back to the project and....and... Shoot! I've forgotten where I was.

I'm currently working on the latest release of Songbird over at www.songbirdnest.com . It's a nifty little open source jukebox, player, etc. Works fine unpacked and right out of the folder on my desktop, so what's the deal here? Why won't it go when I've built an rpm and installed it? Dang, I must have goofed somewhere along the lines... Buaaaaaaaaaaa... chirpbuaaaaaaaaaaa...

Get Songbird

No comments: